Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Inspirational fiction?

I am an avid reader. I can read, and read, and then read some more. I read only fiction though, and therefore a lot of what I read can be classified as complete non sense, and I am not ashamed to admit it! :) Sensible reading is for sensible people, and God knows I am not one of them.

Once in a while though, you do read a book, that makes you just stop and think. Its rare. And therefore it hits you hard.

One such book I had once read was " To Kill A Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee.

I generally stay away from classics. It requires to much deep thinking and profound thought. ;)

But this one, I had just picked up on a whim, and did it pay off!

For those who need a break from the world of Sidney Sheldon and Arthur Hailey, read this one and let me know what you think.

In any favourite book there will always be something that will stay with you, long after your done reading it.With me, it was this line.

".. I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of gettin the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.
Courage is when you know your licked, before you even begin, but you begin anyway.And you see it through no matter what.You rarely win this way, but sometimes you do, and thats when it counts the most.."
Thoughts like these remain with you. Long after you've forgotten the story.

I don't want to say anymore. I could never add anything to what the author has so beautifully said.

I have posted this blog with not much to say. I just wanted to share this line with you.And if it does make you think, and stays with you long after you are done reading this, then posting this little bit of nothing was worth it!

z

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classique...
I am often convinced that "..Grisham" kinda thriller buks leave no such thoughts, such prints but 'm proven wrong. They do.
Zeenat chk this out if you can add or substract or have any comments over this
http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/Why_I_Dont_Like_Fiction.html

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sphinx said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Sphinx said...

Hey,

Interesting that u mention that coz I did read abt the novel the other day...the line u write is soo true...The thought behind it is so simple...almost everyone thinks he/she knows what real courage is.....not very many actually do. This is very thought provoking statement....

Here's hwat i read....when she was awarded the Pullitzer for the book...She said that she never expected any sort of success with 'Mockingbird.' and that she was hoping for a quick and merciful death at the hands of the reviewers but, at the same time, also hoped that someone would like it enough to give her encouragement. She got a WHOLE LOT of it as we know..and this is what she said then...

"This was just about as frighntening as the quick, merciful death I'd expected."

I loved the similie she used!!

Reading the book is a sure shot on my agenda...!! "when" is the big question...

Blog on...love all of them:)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home