Monday, May 15, 2006

I resolve to..

I resolve to, from now on, forever:

1) Stop, pause, take some time out..to actually feel..
How have I allowed my life to fall into such a monotonous routine? How come i have lived for so long and have so little to account for all those years? What about real experiences? In the end wont they count for much, much more?

2) Do something just coz my heart says so, even if my brain strongly disagrees..
When did everything become so logic bound? When did I get so bitter, practical and cynical? Who ever said that a successful life has to be lived on the basis of logic and logic alone? How could this be the right way to live?

3) Feel, strongly and completely..
When did i start holding my feelings back? Why do i try to regulate how much i feel? Why am i afraid to give all of myself to someone? Whats the worst that could happen? And when did the worse that could happen outweigh the pure happiness of just feeling?

4) Show emotion, even in public..
When was it deemed not okay to cry in a movie? Why does it matter if someone else looks and sniggers? When did crying become an act of the weak? How does it matter what other people think? Why can't I laugh like a child, loud and hard? From when was that considered rude and impolite? And why does it matter, even if it is?

5) Change what i can, let go what i can't and have the ability to tell the difference between what i can and what i cant..
When did I forget that everything in life cant change to accomodate me, to suit my needs? That sometimes being able to let go, makes me the stronger, not the weaker person?

6) Real friends are few and far between.. so hold on, tight..
When did losing touch with people become so easy? Why take for granted that if you lose a friend, the next one will be just around the corner? When did people, real people, people who care, become so easily replaceable?

7) Realise that people are good, with a little bad.. not bad with a little good..
When did trusting my neighbour become so hard? When did it get natural to view nice people with suspicion? When did I start expecting my friends to bitch about me the moment I turned my back on them as if it was the most natural thing in the word?

8) Tell the people who make me the person I am.. "Thank you.. I care too"
When did telling someone that he is appreciated, become such a big event? When did saying thank you, become a time consuming "duty"? From when did I become willing to let go, the pleasure of seeing someone's face light up, when I tell them that they've made a difference, a big difference? Why do I just take their niceness for granted? When did niceness become such a hopelessly underrated commodity?

*sigh*

Life may be a little bit of nothing, but it is upto me to make these little bits good; to make these little bits count; to make these little bits fair and not just to me; to make these little bits, that will one day be lost in the sands of time, a cherished moment for someone, now..

Lest I forget,

"... For when the great scorer comes,
To write against your name,
He write not if you won or lost,
But how you played the game.."
Grantland Rice (1880 - 1954)
z

6 Comments:

Blogger Sphinx said...

Hey z

I'm ur latest fan!! Awesome clarity in the way u write...it seems straight out of your heart for some reason.

Great post once again....It is important to make sure that u don't end up regreting anything that u do in life. U gotta live it up! I thought u already practiced what u just wrote...!!!

Just one point where i kinda differ...maybe its just me...Heart v/s Brains. Doesn't it make more sense to follow ur brains?? Heart often lands u up in situations and places that u rather not be in. Just a thought :)....Your views??

Love ur writings....:)

10:19 PM  
Blogger zeenat said...

hey sphinx..

You are superawesome fer my ego!!
Thank you, i'll def take a bow!! ;)

Do i already live like this?? hardly! wish life was that perfect..

And the heart Vs Brain discussion, lets do it in private ok?

z

4:23 PM  
Blogger Vinod Chandran said...

What u have wriiten is perfect, these simple things are the things that matter, and definitely are those that we take for gramted.
The solution seems to be "Do what u feel is right, and dont think back after seeing the result of ur action"

Hey ,in any case, love the way u write!!

Enjoi..

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ashford Menezes said...

Hey Zee,

Cool stuff girl keep it gng !!!

Cheers!!!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never knew u cud write this well and such profound thots :) good job!! really cool!! keep writing girl!! jinal

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked this post. some of the points rilly, rilly hit home. but about #2, #3.. i guess some degree of cynicism is required for survival in the real world; i guess there shud be a balance found between naivete and being jaded though

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home